We are so excited today to announce a CKC contest like no other! It is our First Annual Virtual World Fair, and everyone is invited to participate! It will work much like county or state fairs that you might have heard of or participated in, but in our Virtual World Fair there are no borders to worry about. Finally you can earn ribbons for your gorgeous creations! And what's even better is that your entries will donated to help a wonderful cause. Because your creations will be judged based on appearance AND your sewing skills, you will mail them to us where they will be judged in person and then they will be donated to a really great children's hospital to brighten the lives of the patients there. Everyone deserves to feel pretty! Note: Many of the outfits can be donated directly to children receiving care (we will definitely let you know when this happens!) and if any of the more over-the-top entries can't be received (determined by the staff there), those items will be auctioned off by us and the money donated. All proceeds go directly to the children receiving care. I have had close contact with this children's hospital and they are amazing.
So let's talk details! Please read all of the guidelines carefully.
- All entries must be made using one or more CKC patterns and it is okay to change the patterns if you'd like.
- There are 16 clothing categories to choose from. You may enter only one item per category but you can enter as many categories as you'd like.
- Each individual entry must be accompanied by an entry form. **You can print the entry form here ** and then fill it out to mail with your entry. Be sure to fill in all the blanks. (Entries without a return address cannot receive ribbons.)
- All entries must be received by September 30, 2014 at the mailing address listed on the entry form. Please plan ahead so you can ship your items on time! Judging will take place on October 1 and any entries received after that deadline will still be appreciated as a donation but will not be judged.
- Entries will be judged on overall appearance, construction, sewing skills, etc. For helpful tips and an idea of what we will be looking for, you can read the blog post we did earlier this week on how to do well at state and county fairs. We intend for this competition to be fun and a learning experience for all of us so don't be afraid to enter! We would love to have as many entries as possible. Plus your entries all go to a great cause!
- Winners will be announced on the blog and will receive ribbons for the top three places in each category, as well as some overall awards that will be given (see below). Ribbons and entry forms with judging notes will be mailed to the winners and participants. Please note that your entries will not be mailed back to you! They will be donated to Primary Children's Medical Center as described in the intro above.
- Note: We are not responsible for any entries that are lost or damaged during shipping or otherwise. We will, however, take great care of your items and be sure that all donations end up benefiting children at the hospital.
The categories are as follows. Remember that you may enter only one item per category.
Girls Woven Dress
Girls Knit Dress
Girls Top/Bottom Set
Boys Special Occasion
Each category will have a first, second, and third place winner. There will also be a "Best Exhibitor" award given to the person who earns the most ribbon points overall. Additional awards will be given across all categories, as determined by the judges.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
Remember, all entries must be RECEIVED by September 30, so you will want to start planning right away. (It might be a good idea to go up and print off the entry form right now.) We are so excited to see your creations in person! Here's your chance to earn ribbons, show off your skills, and donate to children who could use a little extra sunshine in their day.
Let's Create! ~ Kristen